The Quick Guide to Undertaking Safe and Secure Projector Bulb Replacement
Like any other regular bulb, your projector lamp also comes with a limited life span. Usually, these bulbs will last anywhere between 2,000 to 6,000 hours depending on how you use them. However, a sure shot sign that it is time for projector bulb replacement is that the bulb starts getting dim and the picture clarity is affected.
If you wish to replace your projector bulb yourself at home, you need to do it with some extra consideration. Following are a few tips that will help you replace your projector bulb at home:
• First of all, you should browse through the user guide or manual. This is the most authoritative information about how you should be handling your projector bulb. And this will also ensure that you do not damage either your projector or the bulb in the process of lamp replacement.
• Once you have switched off the projector and it has cooled off, unplug the unit from the socket. This will negate any chances of getting an electric shock while carrying out projector bulb replacement.
• Next, you have to get down to actually removing the lamp from the projector. The lamp compartment is often built at the bottom of the projector unit. Except in the case of rear projection, where the lamp is located towards the backside of the projector. Using a screw driver, unscrew the small screws or bolts that hold this compartment together.
• After this, pull out the lamp assembly and then remove the lamp gently. Make sure you do not break the lamp as it sometimes contains pressurized mercury, which is a heavy metal. Whether it is a xenon bulb or halogen bulb, you need to be cautious with it.
• Before you fix the new lamp, take a soft cloth and clean the interiors of the projector lamp assembly. Never use a damp cloth for this purpose.
• Carefully replace the new lamp and connect any loose wires back to the assembly. This is the most important part of projector bulb replacement.
• Finally, using a screw driver put the doors of the compartment back in place. Switch on the projector to check if it is working fine. The same precautions should be taken while replacing a LCD projector lamp.
While most of us prefer to do undertake projector bulb replacement at home, it is always preferable to take the services of an expert lamp replacement agency. These days, there are dealers of lamps who offer professional services that will help you save time on replacing your projector lamp. This makes sure that the process is carried out only by experts and there is no chance of damage to your projector or bulb. Most importantly, this will also ensure that your projector bulbs are disposed of in the prescribed manner; because these bulbs are classified as hazardous waste.